Someday earlier I get a  whatsapp  message from my old friend, close friend. We have not met for a long time because we have lived a differ...

The Second Birth

Someday earlier I get a whatsapp message from my old friend, close friend. We have not met for a long time because we have lived a different life. He's already becomes a husband of the woman whom he been looking for long time, and I'm still alone here. :)

After exchanging greetings and talking a lot of things, he tell me the happy news of his wife's pregnancy came in at 3 months. Of course this happy news not only for him but for me as well. After waiting and doing a pregnancy program is finally come true.

The News like this news had twice come to me in recent weeks, I'm happy. After my close friend was, now from my own family. My sister informed me that I would have a nephew (again). Yes, because I've got a lot of nephew, there are still cute baby and some are already study in collage.

Good news for the babies presence, the news of the presence of the birth must be very happy what else he is the long awaited, is’t it ?.

It looks like, what I do understand about the birth until now still only on the physical presence. But i think, after seeing the happiness that they show from them face to me i feel that a birth attendance that they were waiting for must be more than just physical.


The Second Birth
I've read a novel Shopie’s World by Jostein Gaarder which tells the story of teen girl named Shopie who got a strange letters from unknown people. One of those letters only contains the question "who are you?". It’s maybe as the usual questions, but do we ever thought to answer it ?. I have a trouble to answer. I will not discussed at length about the question here. Because it would be more comfortable if you read the novel directly or you can watch the movie if you prefer to enjoy with visual experience.

Here i just want to borrow what was in the letter that sent to Shopie to ask "what is the birth?". If our answer is the birth of a baby just physically, for me it's too simple. Yes, too simple but actually not that simple. Birth is definitely more than just the presence of one body and one name. If it’s just like that, for what we were celebrating a birthday with a festive, with expensive gifts even with a not small cost. For me, if celebrating a birthday just for the physical presence, i feels there is something lack. Do you also feel it?

it’s just a personal opinion only. Because everyone is entitled and free to celebrate. But it would be nice if it could be more meaningful than just a physical presence. Just as the prophet's birthday celebration (Maulid Nabi) certainly have more meaning than the mere physical presence.

What we are seeing when baby birth -for example- is indeed only physical, but what he feels must be more than what could be seen. The smile that show from her parents was born of hope, it has been felt even before he was born. When you heard of the pregnancy for first time, he also come with bring a hope. When he started to learn to speak, although only could say "mam", "dad", the happiness comes with him.

Until now I began to know that birth has another dimension beyond the physical dimension that I have always understood. Birth is happiness, hope and also a new beginning in the dimension of time. As i start learning to talk to others, learn to listen to others, and work with and for others.

The first birth is the sign switch of loneliness, passive toward a more active and dynamic world. Where it requires us to interact with others. Talking with others, listening to others even to be useful for many people.

The transition from the first birth is the process of becoming more useful and acceptable to others. Sharing happiness, joy and seeing people can smile and laugh is that a very happy thing, isn’t it?. When people feel secure and do not need to fear with us, when people feel helped in what we do there is a question in my head that “Could it be the second birth?”.

While writing this I remember one quote in Avatar Pandora’s Movie that 
"A man is reborn twice, and the second when he is received by others".
Until now I'm still like in the womb. On the way to learn about life. Forge in a journey. When is the birthday? I also don’t know the time or may be will be late than usual.

Indonesian Version

1 komentar: